When You Arrive

When you arrive in Winnipeg, Manitoba Start is the first place to go.

What does Manitoba Start do?
We provide newcomers with services to help you find meaningful work and settle in your new community. We work with you to choose the settlement services that will meet your personal needs and create a plan to help you find a job.

How do I benefit?

  • From one location, get access to services and supports to help you settle in Winnipeg
  • Plan your career path, build employment skills, create a resume, learn about qualifications recognition, meet employers, and get on-on-one supports to help you find a job
  • Get a referral to the Entry Program—orientation classes to learn more about Manitoba, such as our health care system, laws, and job market; also available is Entry Program Online
  • Get a referral to WELARC—language services that fit your skill level and goals

Am I eligible?
Our free career programs and services are for new landed immigrants 18 years and older. You must be one of the following:

  • Permanent Resident
  • Work Permit Holder
  • Refugee Claimant

How do I get services?
Visit the Manitoba Start office in person to register for services. For details, see How We Work with You.

I live outside of Winnipeg. Where can I go for help?
Local agencies provide settlement and employment services outside of Winnipeg. Visit immigratemanitoba.com to find a service near you.

“You were always ready to supply me with great prospects.”

Ahmed, Associate Owner, Shoppers Drug Mart (2422)

“Manitoba Start knows how to support and get new Manitobans off to a great start!”

Leslie Wilson, HR Coordinator, Visions of Independence